TLS 1.39% $3.66 telstra group limited

Chinagirl, you need to examine two numbers that are not apparent...

1. 5,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1143
    Chinagirl, you need to examine two numbers that are not apparent in your article. Firstly the total number of complaints for a given period. Secondly, the number of complaints during that period against Telstra.
    From the numbers in your article one can deduct the following.Total number of complaints for all telcos in Dec was 35,731.
    If we semi annualise (6 months)that number it would be roughly 214,386.This is comparable to the July to Dec number for TLS of 58,597. (approx 27%)Significantly less than their market share.
    Looking at it another way, apparently there were on average 900 complaints per day, (I assume for the year) . This would equate to 329,500 per year, however, it looks like it is a moving target and getting bigger.Even on that number and on an annualised basis TLS would be way less than half, but more than the 27% for the half year, at 58,597. So we can deduce that complaints against all telcos as a group is going up BUT complaints agianst TLS as a % of that group is going down.
    I think all this stacks up but it is hard to tell from the numbers quoted in your article, which was obviously written a journalist and not a statistician.
    I do remember about a month ago hearing more stats on telco complaints and they also indicated that my original claim was correct.
    Love to see some more numbers if you have them, but be wary of journalists just quoting the headline grabbing number which is meaningless without the whole picture.
    Occam

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
0.050(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.66 $3.60 $194.6M 52.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 106561 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 1245826 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.