TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

telstra/packer & the rest, page-2

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    If, by Richard Li, you are meaning PCCW and Reach, then, the only variable left unaccounted for is the size of the forthcoming supplementary writedowns.

By Arthur Anderson, I'm finding that a bit strange. Nothing in regard to AA has ever crossed my radar regarding TLS.

As for Ziggy going, that remains a part of urban folklore. However, without Mansfield as his Chairman, and Alston as his ministerial benefactor, there is little to see in terms of who will protect Ziggy now. Yes, he will be going (sooner rather than later, and quite possibly very close to the Q3 results being announced). But, this has been widely speculated for the last 2+ years, so time will tell.

As for the others, I can see Pretty following Ziggy out the door, as well as Thoday and, to a lesser extent, Akhurst. Stanhope will stay, as will Moffatt, as both will benefit from the positive influences of SIGMA SIX (started on Moffatt's watch and continued with by Stanhope). I also see Doug Campbell staying.

Indeed, if Ziggy goes, Campbell is my tip for the new CEO. In Telstra Countrywide, he continues to kick goals, and is making profitable progress out of an ageing network.

But, as for the $4.0B you mentioned, then unless you mean Asia (PCCW /Reach, etc), or the cable network, then there's little else there which could have that sort of impact, unless of course, you are meaning Jindalee (but that's old, previously reported and publicly inquired into by the PAC, dating back to 1997). And, as for the COT cases, and Anne Garnett, little more has been heard of these since 1999.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.