TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

telstra results to be a �negative nightmare, page-5

1. 358 Posts.
    re: telstra results to be a �negative n... Some interesting info in that link

"According to Linton Telstra had attracted some 600,000 plus residential ADSL customers from rivals, including 10,000 from Exetel itself, but the gain was a Phyric victory."

"Losing customers is always a bad thing but when the largest provider in any supply chain spends an amount of money greater than all of its competitor's (bar one or two) gross annual revenue to attack their customer bases then it�s an inevitable result"Linton wrote.

He sounds unhappy he is losing customers...and TLS has deep pockets. 600k is a large number re ADSL. It may be a little unrealistic but anything close would be fantastic.

If this is the case re ADSL clients, on top of mobile customers (400 000+) moving over to TLS also min due to other carrier issues as has been previously reported, it sure bodes well for tomorrow. An increase in revenue guidance will be very positive news and it these figures are correct very likely. Let alone NBN progress.

SP is also very interesting...It is a bit of a flag formation. And, the recent couple of weeks have seen an unsuccessful break down only to be sitting at the top again - all set for a good move up:

The reason this is so interesting as that line above the candles in the chart is the 200 day SMA. This is an important technically significant indicator. A break above, and very good things happen...i.e., breaks up over long periods - some of those market analyst targets are very much possible in the not too distant future. Based on the above yet to be confirmed increases in customers moving over, the imminent NBN deal not to mention the market already set up for bad numbers, a real good opportunity to delight the market is here. And, being right on that 200 day SMA...it could go down from here also. So something to be wary of.

I could go into detail regarding all the indicators in the chart but I don't think it will really matter as the news will drive the SP until ex div date of 21st Feb. So, with a vested interest, it is all setup for a real good day to me. I am looking forward to it. Boral went up 7% based on increased revenue guidance so TLS could go up 3-5% also which would be above $3 - and hold until div ex date. Potentially combined with NBN progress...who knows.

Good luck all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.