TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

Telstra team up with Amazon in Australia, page-352

1. 9,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 460
    CP i find it so hard to respond to yr posts because i simply don't understand your logic.

How can u say telstra and optus r not out of pocket.Its basic business no1 rule being in control of yr business,what u r suggesting is that optus and telstra give control of their tens of billions of dollars worth of mobile investment to the accc to control price and access for vodafone.

Here is a thought,how about vodafone start investing in blackspots and announce $1 billion dollars worth of invest in 500 regional towers like optus just didplus the previous billions invested by optus.

The bottom line is CP , competition and strong investment incentive is required for all 3 mobile network owners to invest in regional australia in order to provide a competitive service at a competitive price.

What will happen to regional mobile is exactly what has happened to tls over the past ten plus years as their fixed network was controlled by the accc ie access and pricing controlled by accc and,no incentive for tls to invest and every year the accc would find some sector of tls's network to decrease margins and finally we end up with the crap fixed network .

Had we had a politician with a brain they would have encouraged telstra and tpg to invest and develop competition in fixed,tpg was on its way with its 26% market share.But to create such a competitive fixed network with incentive to invest for tpg and tls would have required a political business brain which has not yet been created.

And the dh govts would not b wasting 50 billion on an inefficient govt run monopoly.

All that was required was some type of incentive for telstra and tpg to provide connectivity in smaller regional/remote towns just like the mobile blackspot program and i can guarantee u it would b chicken feed compared to what the nbn is costing and the crap service it is delivering.

ps and imo some posts suggest the fttp was the future,imo it would never have been completed as per 93% of premises and impossible to cost or deliver .The labor govt Should have let tpg and tls compete and like energy we should literally b paying a 'third the cost of what we currently r due to nbn' whether labor or coalition.ie i say a third the cost of internet because that is what tpg was planning to charge before the govt/nbn/accc started to screw them like they did tls over past ten plus years.

Bottom line we r now paying ridiculous prices for @#$%$# water,%$#@#$ energy and @#$%$#% fixed connectivity nbn because of @#$%$^@ stupid political decisions,i say let the gay and lesbians marry and ban politicians from breeding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.