TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

Telstra team up with Amazon in Australia, page-354

1. 5,760 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    so tell me of a better theory why instos. are holding back.

it's not TPG as they have massive debt issues to fund their mobile expansion, unless of course Optus puts in a takeover bid which is debatable as Optus were too "stupid" to take over their own Amaysim, when the SP was on the ropes.

is it the mobile side which is the holy grail of TLS, which may have softer earnings this results?

is it the divvy cut which is almost impossible an occurrence anyway to at least 2020 as they get NBN one off payments?

is it the uncertainty of what the likely capital management program will entail even though they have money to burn, and hence it's a foolproof initiative?

my hunch is this- they are holding back because the 5G hype is just that until at least the end of 2018. in the meantime, capex has been increased by 3% to 15%, just to curtail possible outages on the existing network of 4G and now to compound the problem, 1500 personnel were retrenched, and my understanding from close contacts is that most were tech.staff.

ps- i honestly do not know how bad the problem is with Telstra landline compared to mobile in general, but i know for a fact that there is a test case of a community 50 klms from Sydney.
    they have lost their land line and now Telstra wants $500,000 to pay for a mobile tower .

if that is what is happening all over OZ, then as sure as night follows day, the ACCC will intervene to save Barnaby's skin.

cheers crazypunter

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.