BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Telstra to Become Primary Reseller of Buddy Ohm in Australia, page-10

1. 9,777 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    all depends on your investment timeframe/perspective

i hold BUD via my SMSF as its a lt play  and lt even current sp should prove be cheap based on information outlined to date.  though admittedly i bought it much earlier

but as i said another time - the market goes through big bull/bear swings on each stock as well as for market overall

and i dont think there can be any doubt that overall market risk is very high right now by most if not all historical measures 9ie this is the most expensive global set of stock valuations in 100+years)
    - so you will naturally see a lot of tracding money take profits rather than leave money at risk going into light trading seasons like Xmas

spec stocks - ie ones who dont yet have proven earnings that support the stock price - tend to get sold off more when that risk is about because they theoretically have the most downside risk

im sure nearly everyone has a juniour mining stock that got belted in the GFC - and some didnt make it through or never really recovered even once the chinese unleashed their mega debt splurge in 2009

traders move in and out so they can avoid those kind of outcomes - as they read the 'mood' of risk appetite in the market and judge stocks as cheap or expensive relative to their forward earnings prospects

that 'risk appetite' is the answer to that question why the stock popped on one announcement but didnt on a later one

But its also stock specific - like i said we all got our hopes up on Digicel being the model with its hight guaranteed contract minimum revenues - then that was watered down by subsequent 'best efforts' distribution announcements.

thats no mark against DM or the company. its just the way it is.

but like i said at the time - market quickly gets alienated by 'mou' style announcements - the higher the valuation the quicker they wear off

if Monster or telstra go back to being high minimum guarantee style ageements then this will all revive

but my own guess is @showstring is right about the 'monster' - in which case its likely to be similar to today.  and in that case I;d agree today;s announcement will ultimately be much more important

but if thats right market may well sell it off until  its either considered cheap (whatever that is ) or until there's some newsflow that revives the sense of underpinning demand for the product

or 'risk appetite' surges again. it can be very hard to pick

as much as the $$ figures support valuations - high minimum guarantees give investors faith in the product exerting as a really strong 'pull' of demand. that as much as anything is whats been driving the sp up

cannot complain - stock is up ~400% in 6 months.  no stock ive heard of does that with taking a breather
    Last edited by goldbear77: 13/12/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.