tens of thousands of whites prepare to flee sa

1. 3,807 Posts.
    Tens of Thousands of Whites prepare to flee South Africa

Date Posted:
    Thursday 24-Jul-2008

One of my Afrikaans friends who is planning to leave South Africa told me the following story. She and her husband want to go to Australia or New Zealand.

Recently at Midrand (between Johannesburg and Pretoria), there was an exhibition of companies who can assist people to leave the country to go to New Zealand. Various companies like removals companies and agents who can help you to leave the country exhibited at this show. My friend and her husband attended and she said there were thousands of people attending. She told me that almost all of them were white. She saw the odd coloured (no blacks), here and there, but the overwhelming majority of people leaving were white. She said there were thousands of people attending the show.

Some weeks/months prior to that, at the same place they had a show for people wanting to go to Australia. She attended that too and the place was even MORE PACKED. She said you could hardly move and queues were so long that you could easily stand for an hour or two just to get a chance to speak to one of the representatives of the companies at the show. She said the place was so packed you could barely move.

So clearly, the great white exodus of 2008/2009 continues.

This is reminiscent of the late 1970's, early 1980's in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe - only on a larger scale since there are more whites in South Africa.

I must admit, I never thought I'd see so many whites leaving. What is different though is that this time it is the most AFRIKANERS I have ever seen going.
    Posted By: Jan
    AfricanCrisis Webmaster
    http://www.africancrisis.co.za/Article.php?ID=30902&

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.