XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

tentative tuesday shorting

1. 1,920 Posts.
    In my view, we're about to see a very large move in the market. Could go either way, but I'll give a few charts here to demonstrate why I believe it will be down. Am using tight stops, so if I'm wrong, no biggy!

US Dollar Index

At a very crucial point, hitting resistance in all directions. Some may argue, but I consider this an ascending triangle, which has me bullish on this. Ultimately negative for the market.

VIX Index

Couple of gaps have been made in the volatility of late. 2nd gap was finally filled last night with subsequent touch of that trend-line as support. An uptrend here is ultimately bearish for the market.

Silver in AUD

Something I've been keeping a close eye on of late. Tiny little chart but I believe silver has broken below it's current trend, and will look for a re-test of US$14 (approx AU$18) before resuming down. Silver had a very similar chart pattern to this last year, and the sell-off was abrupt.

Also worth noting that BHP has broken down through it's mid-term trendline and will likely re-test that as resistance today.

All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.