TER 2.27% 22.5¢ terracom limited

Agree on gas. This was brought up a few months ago by Mark...

1. 1,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Agree on gas. This was brought up a few months ago by Mark McGowan. He claimed that all agreements signed with gas companies, essentially ensured that a % of all gas produced in WA is essentially set aside for Domestic gas use (at a discount, so essentially a sort of price cap). The Eastern states didn't do this and are paying for it, as no company will deliberately sell their gas at a discount to what they can get internationally.

The thing with this, is this is a change to the operating environment for many companies. Expect many companies to take the government to court if they try this. An increase in royalty rates for excessive pricing is one thing (and would likely lose in a court battle - a company would claim they are losing money, but no coal company has authorised development of a mine with price assumptions like we are seeing, so they cannot claim that it changes their investment case). Adding a price cap is a different scenario and I expect either the coal industry or gas industry (whichever it is that gets a cap), will see Albo's government in court.
    Last edited by mrposhman: Typo 06/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $176.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 22.0¢ $67.41K 302.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 504059 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 105321 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.