TER 4.76% 22.0¢ terracom limited

TER - General Discussion / Market Updates, page-62

1. 660 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    Yes, they have in the past paid two special dividends - Jun22 final and Sep22 interim. I am aware of that TER have paid them.

But a special dividend is usually paid when a company has done something that isn't business as usual to generate a significant amount in cash or they just have a bucket load of cash from BAU at a point in time (normally year end) that they want to give back to shareholders. nothing actually wrong with that, however it is usually a one off or yearly, not a regular thing.

TER may have done a special dividend for advertising/marketing purposes, look at me, look at me. but if they continued to pay special dividends for every dividend, it starts to lose it's shine of being special and just becomes desperate attempt for attention, IMO.

sure TER may well pay another 'special' dividend, but i just don't see the point. it is treated exactly the same way in your bank account and your tax return as a 'normal' dividend.

lol. reminds of the USA lotto video from years ago when some guy was asked what he would do if he won the lotto. Crack and hookers was the response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.