TER 0.00% 18.5¢ terracom limited

In light of the recent deal done by Labour and the Greens - my...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

In light of the recent deal done by Labour and the Greens - my post in December last year is starting to make sense.
    For me TER have a good MD, not sure about the other people. The way I read the deal done between labour and the greens, TER would be one of the 215 companies. With no new coal mines to be approved there could be some serious money to be made in acquiring a producing coal mine with export contracts but they need co2 offsets.

Anyway, I would think the major shareholders are in as a dividend play as it runs dry over the next 5 / 6 years - i know they say 8 yeas mine left etc etc. I think the dividend route is the way TER will play it out considering that the directors and management control 1.94% of the company, as 'per recent ORD's presentation, that's huge dividend outcome for them.

Stay, walk i dont know yet. with all of the surplus cash they are going to produce over the next few years Id like to see a compromise between acquisition & dividend play.

I posted this on the 7th December 2022.

"Bought some more, just couldn't help myself. In now for a $100k.

I had a chat with my old man last night (only go to him after his first red, not second, ha ha ) trying to digest all of this climate change stuff, co2 emissions, bad coal outlook, opportunistic politician's, coal price cap (crap) etc.
    His response, this current carbon offset / carbon credit stuff is BS and makes no sense at its fundamentals. He reckons we are paying fools to not farm, just carbon farm, invent machines to extract co2 and still cut down millions and millions of trees a year. Costing us billions and billions of dollars a year. At the end we came up with an idea, the coal industry needs to invest in some kind of alternative natural co2 sink / storage (profitable) real business thus creating a real carbon offset year in year out.
    Then sell each 1 Co2 carbon credit offset with 1 tonne of coal. Then have the government offset the 1 carbon credit against coal royalties. This takes capital and prob a lot, but for current coal producers its prob money well worth spent. It could be investing in agri land that produces a real profitable outcome (return on capital) and more importantly creating a co2 offset / sink.
    Maybe I'm crazy but I've had a go, more so call out our greedy, lazy, useless, opportunistic politician's. Who can't balance their ledger, so they increase tax. Go you good thing TER."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.