MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Well lucky I said 10+ years then. The fact is, MNS won’t be a...

1. 1,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    Well lucky I said 10+ years then.

The fact is, MNS won’t be a player for at least a decade. If you’re a PE investor arranging billions of dollars for capex for the consortium, you know that for this investment to payoff they’d need to continue to be a player for the next 10-20 years after that.

Will lithium/IM3 batteries still be relevant in 20 or 30 years? Absolutely not. This is why I don’t think MNS’ grand aspirations will get off the ground.

Graphene production on a medium-large scale is 5 years away at most. It was only 3 years ago that producing graphene was inconceivable for a company without large financial backing. Now we have a minnow on the ASX in the mix, and the barriers to entry are falling rapidly. The tech will explode in popularity and development will ramp significantly.

It’s a no brainer. The ultimate goal for EV’s is gaining equivalency to the convenience of combustion-engined cars. This means charging up a battery in the same amount of time it takes to fill up a tank of petrol. Graphene.
    Last edited by anf0: 29/01/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.