Oldcat I agree with you, however I think these approaches skirt...

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Oldcat
    I agree with you, however I think these approaches skirt around the problem which is the widespread hate speech and preaching and indoctrination that goes on from the pulpit, the book stores, the media/internet, the classroom, the dinner table and the playground. It is not necessarily preached everywhere and by all, but there is also widespread passive silence and therefore condoning of this behaviour by others (including the PC).

The authorities need to get some backbone and for starters, introduce individual and group licensing and monitoring of religious preaching and other political gatherings (yes, Islam is acknowledged by its own as political as much as religious).

Why independently license? Because Islam has no overarching formal hierarchy of leadership and therefore, it is unable to control its own.

In muslim dominated countries, the political rulers (under instruction and control from the dominant Islamic religious faction) are meant to provide that overarching control, but historically we have seen how that works - violence/poverty/battles.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.