Terrorist attack Westminster, page-112

1. 42,556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    Unfortunately when you mix politics and religion together, this is what you get. The Islamic world is living in the past when society are so much more different to what has been going on in the Western world in a century. Christians of the past were also stuck in this ideology and you only have to go back to the days of the Spanish Inquisitions to know one wrong word and you are tortured until the 'truth' is admitted by the victim under heavy duress of pain.

Everything taken literally from a religious text will have that effect. Threats of death are every where is both the Koran and Bible but we as practising faithfuls of Christianity look for the meaning behind the literal texts or else we will believe angels are flying everywhere. We are dealing with the Islamic world and everyone beside Malaysia/Indo has some form of democracy intertwined within the religious structure. The use of religion to incite hatred/violence are so easy to justify hence we see the ME as a hotspot of repeating violence because of instability of freedom of everything.

Just my layman view of the world and this will be a continuing saga. I don't offer to provide any solution in a very complex situation. But mark my word, when US is energy independent, the ME problems will only get worse. That will bring on more violence in the communities with a heavy pockets immigrants from the ME/Islamic countries. A death spiral as the bad apples gives a very bad name for the whole which are discriminated by their host country socially. We haven't even sorted out the standard issue of Black and White in the Western world and here we confronted by an even tricker problem of religion! Good luck to the Pollies trying to tip toing around the issues. All political spectrum can only do so much and it is up to the community itself under microscopic focus to do something; demanding burka, halal, mutilation, sharia are the key points of contention.

"When in Rome do what the Romans do".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.