@vlen1828....What used to happen in those days was as follows....

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

@vlen1828....What used to happen in those days was as follows. The Asians would visit their relatives on a Tourist Visa. They would start working in their rellies' businesses and just stay here. They would just vanish into ithe general Asian community in Qld., or wherever, and vanish. In the old days, the computer records were not integrated sufficiently nationally to track them down. So, long as they did not fall afoul of the law, or apply to a Government Department for anything, they were unlikely to get caught.

Even if you visited a hospital, you were safe. Unless it was as a result of criminal action, or the police were involved. The Department of Health did not share its info with anyone. The various officious minions who ran all the multifarious bureaux, were governed by petit dictators who jealously guarded their fiefdoms, and ruled them like a Baron of old.

I worked in computers from the early 70s until modern times, so I saw all this gradually evolve. The universal sharing of data, and of tracking everyone, is still very new, and still has a fair way to progress. I notice that the police convicted a bloke here in Queensland recently for murder, the tracking records from his smartphone, IPad, etc. Put him at each site at the precise time the crimes occurred. He did not make any calls or receive any, But. While it is on you can be tracked. So it was a major piece of evidence, which shot his alibis down.

They are watching you....Marum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.