** terrorist threat made to australia

1. 207 Posts.
    As a recent immigrant (1969) I always been proud to call myself an Australian and supportive of a country that stands up for what is right. The changes to society during this time brought about through multi-culturism have been in the main positive.
    I am now an ‘apologetic Australian’, gone are the days when we could take the high moral ground and preach to the world about giving a bloke a fair go.
    People in other parts of the world die fighting for the rights that Mr Howard will extinguish with the introduction of his anti terror and work place reform legislation.
    Wake up people.
    If he is serious about defending our safety he should take a look at countries like Sweden and Switzerland and see what they are doing to defend their people from terrorist attacks.
    It seems to me like hitting your finger with a hammer and taking Panadol for the pain. Try doing one thing that would minimise the treat and make Australia less of a target not just accept that we are a target.
    Having followed some of the ravings by Charleslew for some of the day I seriously question that multi-culturism is such a good thing. Having been given the opportunity and the right to comment on just about anything to abuse it in such childish way is ungrateful to say the least.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.