People were trotting out the same arguments when immigration was...

1. 43 Posts.
    People were trotting out the same arguments when immigration was opened up to european workers in the 1950s. Initially they were met with hostility and called wogs. They were called stupid because they couldn't speak English very well. Today I count among my best friends the offspring of Italian, Greek, French and Yugoslav immigrants. Amazingly, despite enduring the vitriole of narrow minded racists for most of their youth, they are caring contributing members of our society. Yes they still celebrate many aspects of their european culture - and I believe that is a good thing. I would much prefer to spend time with them than with many of the people that post their messages of fear and hate on this forum.

As for the traditional Australian way of life Justmeanu, you better grab yourself a spear and head off into the bush to catch yourself some tucker. Australia has a history of just that lifestyle that goes back tens of thousands of years. You are either an immigrant or the offspring of some very recent arrivals. Eaten any pizza lately?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.