So its their fault they bought an electric car...listened to the...

1. 3,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113
    So its their fault they bought an electric car...listened to the software & got stranded..What if they wanted to do some sight seeing that day & get home before dark..Looks like it can;t be done in an average electric.

But they didnt listen to the software did they, multiple times they were warned to recharge the vehicle and they ignore it? It is their fault for failing to stop at a charging station. If they had done so, it would have stopped them paying hundreds for a towie......

Are you sure about that, because when I drive from Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast Or Brisbane - Daily commute in excess on 250k, you telling me these people are all on holidays & I am the only worker??I thinkt the most of those commuters would disagree with you & just want to get home, don;t want another coffee & certainly don;t want to do stretches after on 100k's, waiting another40 minutes to charge & get home.Well for a start the car had a leg of about 190kms there abouts. So if you are doing 250kms as a daily commute I take that is there an back is 125kms both ways. So.... the car did that, charge it while your at work and its ready to take you home on your leg back.

Now, if however you are talking 250kms there and then back, that is a ridiculous daily commute. Your looking at over at a 5hrs drive at 100kms per hour. So when you get there do you turn around. Perhaps you missed the part where I said Longer haul vehicles are currently in development and can remain on fossil fuels un-harmed by the slow increase in EVs.
    No, your incorrect in regards to most commuters. The average surveyed commute time is about an hour across Australia. This has increase significantly in recent years due to congestion, urban expansion and poor public transport system resulting in more of the population increase on the roads.

As such being in congestion would not limit the cars range as your practically idle and would use very little Kwph.

An what do you mean by wasting time charging/slave to the vehicle? When you get to work put it on charge, lock it up leave it for 40 minutes, go into your office start your day come back out when its done and park it. You don't need to sit there an actively watch it like watching paint dry........ Same if your a tradie, make a start on your job and come back out.....

You can be negative on the EV front all you like, it just makes you look like a pessimistic dinosaur with no forward thinking. Consider the following before sending a pessimistic poxy reply:

• EV's have already began to eat into market share of total sales of vehicle each year, even in years of decline in overall sales - FACT
    • The chinese government has recently announced no further reduction in EV subsidies and will maintain current ones - FACT
    • Spot price of lithium is on the increase from falls in 2017 and 2018 - FACT
    • The lithium battery performance increased threefold with an equal and opposite threefold fall in price - FACT

With all the advancements in the EV space so far you would have to be a complete and utter lemon if you think that further innovations and improvements wont follow. Time = Improvements in technology.

You love fossil fuel cars by the sound of it, do you still have one where you wind up a handle at the front like a jack in the box to start it?

The lack of forward thinking astounds me.

No to low noise
    Reduced Co2 emissions
    Less fuel dumped on the road

Need I say more? But hey dont let the FACTS get in the way of a good story!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.