You are full of it. Sill happy to have a drag race to Sydney -...

1. 11,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    You are full of it.

Sill happy to have a drag race to Sydney - My golf diesel(s) V's your electric super doopa.
    Can do a weeks commuting & kiddy run & the ad hoc.

Mate of mine was showing me is Telsa, said lets take it for a run to Toowoomba, got a client I need to see.

Face went ashen grey, trying to do the mental arithmetic to see if we could get back (I sure as hell didn't want to spend the night there).

Gold coast Monday - 590 k round trip, got home late, then to Brisbane at 10:00 to watch the 20/20 (go the Heat close to 300 k's after a bit of running around.

Parked the car in some back street, (didn't need to look for an umbilical cord.....) still got 200+ km's in the tank.

Battery pack needs to weights under 100 k's & give a 1,000 k range with a 5 minute fill.
    Cars need to get under 1,000 kg. Weight & towing kills the range.

Yes they are a rich mans toy............. wanting to be subsidised by working class to build the very roads & infrastructure they want to drive on without contributing.

Won't be long till the electrics are charged by the Km anyway. Govt will have a hand in your back pocket every time you open the car door.

There will be NO free ride & they don't save the planet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.