You go off on a tangent. The difference in Co2 between a modern...

1. 11,635 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    You go off on a tangent.

The difference in Co2 between a modern ICE & Battery is negligible. In fact Battery has a 5 year deficiet - FACT.

So don't claim you are saying the planet by dpin so.

I'm saying that the current generation of cars are inadequate & inferior in their ability to match the current ICE cars.

The Battery is the Achilees heel.

Power density of 10 times current stand will be required to enable reduction in battery size & weight & increasing range.

Litium Ion is just about at the end of its development range - yes incremental improvements will happen * the mega factories have ensured that the current mix will be available for a gen or two.

There are a number of battery tech developments currently in the pipe line that will fare exceed current battery mix..Our own Monash Uni getting up in lights just recently.

As soon as you exceed the 'average' (city) use of a car the concept here fails.

Why send the money in infrastructure & have ugly eyesores polluting the city scape when the next gen will make it obsolete.

I too have one of those early brick phone had to carry two batteries, on a constant rotation.

Would you be happy if your current "smart'phone, can do what is can do, but you only get 4 hours of use..Don't worry get a coffee & wait for it to recharge. In fact the phone is a good example of what I have been going on about with doing more with less.

I'm invested six figures into lithium & cobalt, was an early investor/ adopter.

How much information do you think I have read to get to that point....

You pick up the upside, but you also fail to see the weaknesses & failing of your claims.

Micro V's macro comes to mind.

Take a step back from the water cooler, swallow that last mouth full of coolaide & try to be a bit more analytical in your dissection of the pros & cons.
    Unfortunately, I don't think you can see the cons or are not prepared to assess the likelyhood/ risk.

I'm already looking 7 - 10 years ahead for the next gen...Where are you? Squabbling about how great the current new shinies are.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.