tesla Charging Stations Australia Wide, page-31

1. 11,710 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 470
    So its their fault they bought an electric car...listened to the software & got stranded..What if they wanted to do some sight seeing that day & get home before dark..Looks like it can;t be done in an average electric.

In most scenarios, people going over 100kms would be on holiday and therefore have the time to get out of the car while it charges for 40mins, have a look around at their pitstop (might be a small country town), have a meal, do some stretches

Are you sure about that, because when I drive from Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast Or Brisbane - Daily commute in excess on 250k, you telling me these people are all on holidays & I am the only worker??
    I thinkt the most of those commuters would disagree with you & just want to get home, don;t want another coffee & certainly don;t want to do stretches after on 100k's, waiting another40 minutes to charge & get home.

I don't think so.

40 mins per day *5 = 200 minutes per week.

If you value your time at zero then I guess this is not a problem.

This is assuming you can get an available charge point on your route ---or just add more time waiting for a bay to free up

Like I said WE ARE THE SLAVE TO THE VEHICLE DICTATING HOW WE MUST USE IT - when it really is just a tool for our use.

I drive to Sydney without a stop for fuel (do stop for lunch), (almost 1000k's) , & one stop to Townsville (1,400's). I cant afford 2 days to Sydney or 4 to Townsville.

How many reasonably priced electrics can do that??

The battery remains its Achilles Heel. 10 times poer density required to enable battery weight to come donw..Need to do More with Less.

"I found it hillarious, he was extremely hungry and rather than stop and charge on the way up"...I too found it Hilarious but for a different reason that it couldn;t get up the hill to its destination without a charge (despite saying at teh start it would make it)..Imagine running an air conditioner & lights as well for the journey.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.