LYC 3.91% $7.37 lynas rare earths limited

I get it!!!!  I did not argue.   You are correct.  For the...

1. 7,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509

I get it!!!!  I did not argue.   You are correct.  For the tasks we are talking about  most of the power requirements are less than 800 Watts.   None are greater than 2KW,  Voltage is a consideration but not a major one.   I tried repeatable to explain this to AUS and he does not get it,  go talk to him.   The weight will go up by 4 X  and copper is expensive,  Steering is the only thing that is location specific.  Cable lengths can be controlled.   I will absolutely agree 48 and higher is better.   I was only pointing out that of all the Tasks AUS mentioned most are already being done with 12 volts.   He keeps claiming that they need 48 volts and that is not true.   Look at my post on High end tools Post #: 36400618   and tell me how I do not understand advantage of higher voltage.      All I was saying is it is being done with 12 volts NOW.   I will even agree Chevy would probably convert Suburban to E Power Steering if voltage was higher. ( More for  rapid  Torque changes than total power)    I will give you a few other advantages to higher voltage, just to show I understand how deep this goes.     The power requirements on the alternator go up as more things are moved to electric from mechanical.   Higher voltage lower current diodes are cheaper smaller and easier to cool  than low voltage high current diodes.   Same is true of all the FETS used in the motor control.     Storage in capacitors is cheaper and easier.  The energy stored is, capacitance squared X voltage.  Size is linier with voltage cost changes just a little.  Cost follows capacity.     Making rapid changes in Torque output it is related aproxamatly to Volts  SQ  because you have to overcome back EMF.   So what don’t I get?    You are sounding like a broken record. 

I want to say something again that I have said many times.   48 volt mild hybrid is a good low cost system that works.   Its simplicity may make it the dominate low end hybrid system.   If you want a hybrid system that allows smaller ICE motors,   That electric becomes a major part of the drive system,   then the voltage has to go up.   This is why Toyota went from about 150 volts to 200+ volts a few years ago on most of their Hybrids. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.