Tesla Model 3, page-164

1. 35,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I agree that Musk is a quite unique person . Not so much Da Vinci in that Da Vinci thought about things that didn't really exist while Musk is more about turning other's ideas into reality . Ably aided by some other fantastic engineers .

That's not to downplay Musk's personal achievements however . Just the drive the bloke has is off the charts . And then to focus that drive on technical achievements rather than fortune or fame is very unusual .

I think history will one day look back at Musk and not just acknowledge his achievements with machines but also his ability to inspire people to believe that they can do things .
    Can you imagine the number of young people who want to be engineers because of Musk ? Also , all those people who aren't engineers but have just been shown that you can achieve just about anything if you follow Musk's lead .

In this world of rules and regulations ( which are ok by me ) , Musk proves that we can still achieve great things . World changing revolutionary things .

I put the energisation ( pardon the pun ) of the ev industry all down to Musk . Sure , there were electric cars before . However it was Musk that proved you can actually build a practical one and he outlined his plan on how to do it from day 1 . A blueprint for the business from the expensive little original roadster all the way down to affordable family cars .

Seen anyone else do that with any type of product lately ? Particularly with their own money ?

In his spare time he built a rocket company that has revolutionised the rocket industry .

It's hard not to be impressed .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.