Tesla pickup truck

1. 35,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Ok kids. We're going to have to talk about this one.

The style ? What was he thinking ? Looks like it was designed by whoever did the cars in the original Total Recall.

But, it's not the style that we were waiting for . It's the innovation that Tesla is known for.

Not sure about the almost bulletproof exterior ? Don't know how that works in a crash ?

Drive system. Sounds like it has a great range. Obviously a dirty big battery in there somewhere. I'd be interested to see what it's kerb weight is.
    On the subject of weight, Musk mentioned it's unique construction. It sounds like it must be some kind of unibody arrangement as opposed to frame and body like normal trucks. That should make it lighter but does that mean it doesn't have a skateboard setup ?

Plenty of gimmicky good ideas. Air suspension which a few others use. Clever stuff like an integrated ramp etc although all these things add weight. Not much good if you don't use them.

Size. It looks huge. Supposedly it's no bigger than an F truck. Clever stuff like moving the wheels out and closer to the front and the back.

However, still way too big for me. What I do like is that between this, Rivian and some other manufacturers, we should have some pretty good innovative e-utes on the market within a few years.

Whoops! I almost forgot the price. Those prices are impressive. Particularly the lowest price one for fleet owners.

Hmmm. So many questions Elon. I look forward to the answers. smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.