The 'Driver' should have also paid attention when Tesla made it...

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    The 'Driver' should have also paid attention when Tesla made it clear that though it has driver-less functions, it doesn't mean you can't be in the drivers seat.

I see this from the Tesla website:
    "Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment."
    "Do I still need to pay attention while using Autopilot?
    Yes. Autopilot is a hands-on driver assistance system that is intended to be used only with a fully attentive driver. It does not turn a Tesla into a self-driving car nor does it make a car autonomous.
    Before enabling Autopilot, you must agree to “keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times” and to always “maintain control and responsibility for your car.”
    Once engaged, if insufficient torque is applied, Autopilot will also deliver an escalating series of visual and audio warnings, reminding you to place your hands on the wheel if insufficient torque is applied.
    If you repeatedly ignore these warnings, you will be locked out from using Autopilot during that trip. You can override any of Autopilot’s features at any time by steering, applying the brakes, or using the cruise control stalk to deactivate."

Considering there was a person in the backseat and in the passenger seat, I get the feeling someone wasn't following Tesla's very clear rules.. or someone wasn't paying attention and also weren't wearing a seatbelt.

There is various ways to bypass their system, but by definition, it means they've deliberately attempted to bypass the system.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.