LKE 0.00% 4.7¢ lake resources n.l.

Tesla to make Hydroxide.

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Tesla is making its own Hydroxide as confirmed by Simon Moores. The news I was after. This is very important to me. As Steve mentioned earlier that Chloride samples were being sent to off taker however the market seems more focused on the Carbonate samples. This is reinforced by Steve's previous interview.

Chloride samples were sent in commercial confidence. Which fed into my speculation about Tesla making its own hydroxide. Lake becomes more important because its process will be able to generate a greater margin per tonne for shareholders in comparison to other producers.
    AND AT SPEED! Faster than clay or hard rock or evaporation ponds. Transport and distance will be negated. Despite Tesla producing Hydroxide it will still need low impurity product to prevent reprocessing and buggering up of their process equipment for final product.

This also reinforces the idea that Tesla wants to have control over the spot price during high demand.

Elon regarding Lithium Clay is plausible, lots of processing to do tho, however I took it as him pouring cold water over the supply chain that think they can just raise their prices. Given Tesla only makes 1% profit whilst mines are wanting 40% margins, I can see why he would be pissed at mining.

Takeaway from Battery Day.
    3TWH will need everyone on board. 3TWH will ensure that all vehicle sales can be electric by 2030. 2TWH will not cut it in this regard.
    Tesla will work on the supply constraints. Battery production Lithium Production. They have effectively conceded Lithium is a constraint. Otherwise they would never have got into mining it.
    Despite energy density increase they intend to maximise vehicles with as many batteries as possible and not less. I think the reason being is that it could minimise the queuing at charging stalls. Therefore no need to build out their charging network bigger than it needs to be and save cost.
    Pretty much a 60% decrease in battery production cost.
    Form factor of battery and pack and assembly improving the overall energy density of the battery pack
    As mentioned at the beginning of the presentation not all will be revealed.. Speculating Power train day will tie all of it together which no one has asked about from what I can see in regards to timing but given Plaid Model S only really showed the prototype I would suspect a big refresh reveal next year as well as rounding out the overall efficiency of electric vehicles. The final nail to the coffin is still yet to be delivered. Power train along with revised battery production and process to be finalised. Not all was revealed..this was clearly stated at the beginning of the presentation..
    Silicon anode sounded like bullshit. Elon tweeted that silicon expands and has always said carbon based composite anodes were the most effective.. That part really confused me. Biggest question mark? ...Never bet against Elon.
    DPMG dry particle micro granulation mentioned. Exact same process as Novonix patent. Gets rid of waste water. Great little piece there.
    Lake Resources getting money while the share price is higher. Would have done that myself. In fact I did. Like many of you whinging day traders.
    Lake Resources increase in market cap in a speculative environment shows there is a lot of interest in this company. Better signs ahead.
    Battery day was really for Cybertruck, Tesla Semi and roadster. Not Model Y, Model 3 or lower cost variant despite its mention as tweeted by Elon the day before. Those other models I believe will have their batteries mentioned next year. The million mile battery and its importance for Robotaxi.

Tesla battery day is important because what Elon has confirmed is market size for which now is even bigger than it was before. Twice as big! All battery suppliers involved. Tesla is the driving force for market size which only increases the likelihood of Lakes success and prosperity.

Good luck to all holders. Next 12 months onwards and upwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $78.16M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.5¢ $244.5K 5.257M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 265083 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 1869097 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.