GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Tesla Trucks, page-14

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    Hi mushrooms. Thanks for the interesting article on electric trucks. Unfortunately, I can't see this happening in Australia for another 20 years at least.

Why? Australia is the only country in the world that has 600hp or more engines. Why I here you say? Australia is the only country in the world that has B Double trailer configuration. NZ has similar configuration but smaller weight pay load. A single trailer combination is rated 40 tonne, B Double is about 60 tonne and 90 - 120 tonne for B Double combinations, like road trains etc.

It is the customers that requests a B Double to do a trip, not most trucking companies decision.

Another point to consider is the amount of black spots outside the city limits. The whole of Australia would have to be completely connected for the computers to work efficiently. That is a pretty big ask in the current political environment.

Charging the batteries is not an issue as the battery pack would slide out and replaced with a fully charge battery pack at the end of the day. More cost to trucking company.

To quickly summaries, the European and American truck would have to have at least 3 times more capacity, or 3 times bigger, to start with to be successful in Australia and the Australian government and industry needs catch up with technology to make it happen. Not impossible but still a dream.

xxxooo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.