SLX 0.00% $4.55 silex systems limited

Test Loop and Florence, page-16

1. zog
    2,965 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 897
    CJ - thanks for your clarification. I am aware you have to be careful what you say in this area but the use of the 16 micron wavelength (I have actually seen the 15.xxx wavelength published in technical literature) despite its complications but with a 10,000 fold advantage over 3v3 appears to offer a really substantial edge over other modes and it appears that SLX have resolved these difficulties. I acknowledged that there was a power issue with QCL but I undertand (without your detailed insights) that QCL were now producing 16 micron infrared (possibly at lower power) and that an amplification process (i.e with a number of lasers combining) maybe less complex than the multiplexing mechanism and Raman shifting required for a CO2 laser (i.e cutting out the inefficiency of the Raman shifting process and the need to para hydrogen) as well as complex moving parts in the multiplexing mechanism.

As I understood it the separation mechanism is a variant on the Laval nozzle and that the monomers (created from the laser excitation) recoil to the periphery of the nozzle flow by "bouncing' laterally off the carrier gas molecule (or heavy gas atom) and the U235F6 is now a monamer and the carrier gas together with the U238F6 remians a dimer and that this exagerrates the mass difference and as such you can effectively use this to make the separation process more efficent than just the recoil (i.e make that skimmed off flow pass around sharp bends to further improve the separation - I was here that I speculated that the South African vortex method could be used. Maybe I am putting 2+2 together and making 5 but it appeared to me that since the SLX group would have been experienced in this technique it may have been relevant (but maybe not).

Thanks for your help in clarifying the issue

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.55
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.077B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.55 $4.58 $4.51 $2.640M 580.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2509 $4.54

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.57 3655 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.