Hey @h00ts what would you consider to be a good percentage a...

1. 471 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 209
    Hey @h00ts what would you consider to be a good percentage a loose trailing stop loss to apply to Top 100 $10B+ type stocks.

I am considering implementing one again for my holdings in A2M now that I have held them for approx 3 years and wish to apply some protection should a major global shock suddenly occur ( like Deutsche Bank blowing up / Housing Crash or GFC2 hitting suddenly ).

The reason I am asking for an opinion (not advice) is ;

1/ I highly respect the views you have posted alongside your TA which I followed and have gained greater insight to market TA trends.

2/ All of my previous trailing stop losses implemented have been hit by the big instos shaking the tree with the games they have played and will play again in the future.

This caused my holdings to be sold before I had a chance to cancel the SL and trigging unwanted CGT and then forcing myself to buy in again at a higher price SP once I found out what had happened.

Therefore I was considering apply approx 20% trailling stop loss (against the daily closing SP ) for protection against further losses.

Again my reasoning is that a one day fall of that magnitude would suggest a major event / market crash had occurred (which could fall further) and help protect the the remaining 80% of my capital of my share holdings from being wiped out further.

Again just looking for ideas and appreciate your views on protecting stock holdings . Thanks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.