TFC 7.42% $1.31 tfs corporation limited

I understand and appreciate your comments. That's what the forum...

1. 2,996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2160
    I understand and appreciate your comments. That's what the forum is about, ideas.

I have used the "Get out of the way" strategy a couple of times in the past. The first and most important was February 2008, it was 28 months before I retired. There were two economic writers I respected ( not Nadeem at that time, I found him later) that were describing the markets at the time being just too insane. As a stats man I used some spreadsheets to work out what would be my Comsuper government pension and my lump sum payments would be if I pulled out of the defined benefit ( essential a balance portfolio) into cash which was at that time paying 4.5% per annum. Under the 54 11 month retirement option my Comsuper pension was determined by how much by 5% super contributions invested over the 32 years had accumulated too and the pension was a percentage of that amount.

Examining my forecasted cash option Comsuper pension and lump sum payout I asked myself was it enough. I would miss out if the share market re-continued its astounding rise. But decided to switch to cash. Easily the smartest investment decision I have ever made and am likely to make. The main effect of the GFC just passed me by, while inaction would have dramatically reduced both the pension and lump sum.

That's why I favour the "Get out of the way" strategy. You may miss out on some gains if the markets continue to rise, but you don't lose out. If the market falls after you take your profits, then you have the ammo to get back in at cheaper prices. Currently my only risk is the small proportion of my portfolio that I have in gold miners recently accumulated I think cheaply.

Nadeem hasn't made any immediate predictions of market anticipations as yet. All he is saying is that he is de-risking his portfolio by taking profits and some cards off the table. Trumps influence on many things connected to the markets is reliant on the full range of his whims and whether he will be allowed to implement them. So the range could be from a no show to mayhem or somewhere in between.

After all that waffling, back to TFC. Your long term strategy is very sound. My only worry is that TFC is currently the 5th most shorted stock on "Shortmans top 100" shorted stocks. As a long term investment I would prefer the stock to fall below the top 20.

Good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.