TFC 7.42% $1.31 tfs corporation limited

"Anyone get the sense that TFC has been 'funky' for awhile" My...

1. 818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    "Anyone get the sense that TFC has been 'funky' for awhile"

My sense (or is it wishful thinking) is that the shorters have hit TFC but the share price keeps coming back bid. The amount of capital shorted has steadily increased from 7% in April to current 11.2%. During this period the share price initially dropped from around $1.60 in April to < $1.30 in June but came back bid to $1.65 in late Aug. The shorters then drove the share price back down to $1.35 at the end of Oct. Once again the share price rallied to the current level of around $1.65.

So from April an extra 4% of TFC's capital has been shorted but the share price has kept coming back to these levels. I suspect the holders of these shorts will be feeling nervous. Why has 4% of TFC's capital been soaked up by demand for the stock? How are the shorters going to close out their positions with such strong buying interest?

The Shorters could keep adding to their positions so that 15% or 20% of the TFC's capital is shorted. (MYR and MTS are past examples). This is a risky strategy when TFC keeps producing positive news and there is strong buying interest.

I suspect the trigger will be the Dec half yearly results. I am hopeful these results will be positive due to the 10 fold increase in harvest that will be accounted for in these results. If so, it would be a brave (or foolish) shorter to add to his/her position. It is more likely the shorters will rush to the door and close out their shorts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.