TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

Based on your comment I think you might be taking comfort from...

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Based on your comment I think you might be taking comfort from the reconciliation of prima facie tax. But what you really need to understand to see how slippery reported profit is dependent upon provisioning is ‘origination and reversal of temporary differences.’

Because the tax accounting for leases is different to Accounting standards and provisioning is a contra account to financial lease receivables – the whole thing is messy – but you can get an idea of the scope to play from notes 9 & 10.

With such a large investment in TGA its probably worth gaining a better understanding even though its complex. At a minimum try to recreate the provision for impairment and impairment losses journals to get a feel for the makeup of what is being taken through to the P&L each period. Klogg is on the money – this year the makeup is substantially different to previous years. Knowing the makeup won’t answer the question: Is the reduced provisioning warranted or is it more about enhancing this years reported profit figure? But it’s a good place to start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.