SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

th, cap. raising and short sellers, page-8

1. 2,206 Posts.
    The dramatic increase in shorts would indicate there was some insider trading ahead of this cap rasing TH. Its likely someone has made short sale decisions using information not availiable to the wider market and will profit at the expense of others.

I made a complaint to ASIC about a similar situation where it was obvious even to a novice something very suspect had occured in relation to a dramatic spike in short sales.

Bottom line, if you don't demand they investigate they will do nothing. There is a chance they'll do their job and eventually prosecute, so I'd encourage you to spend 5 mins using the online complaint form.
    ASIC online complaint form

Believe it or not ASIC do prosecute for insider trading.

"ASIC deputy chairman Belinda Gibson said finance professionals who failed to take their responsibilities seriously risked criminal conviction."

''My message to the business community is simple: insider trading will not be tolerated,'' Ms Gibson said.

ASIC has prosecuted 24 individuals in relation to insider trading since January 2009.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/two-sentenced-on-insider-trading-20121205-2avm0.html#ixzz2EEFjylIQ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.