MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

thai surprise package

1. 1,147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Hi Folks -

After the ongoing marathon drills at Heron and Gurame the speed of the Thai drilling program may have slightly slipped under the radar.

The obligation Anchan Well of which there were no illusions about ( which was clearly articulated at the Agm ....a requirement and nothing more to probably keep some govt official happy...) took about 5 1/2 days to reach down to 1678m.

The real deal Sainampeung-1 doesn't even need to spud as they will use the existing 13 3/8 " casing shoe to commence the drill which appears to be circa a few hundred m under the surface ( maybe someone could clarify this as I cannot find detailed figures here....thanks in advance )

- assuming that they plugged back and commenced re-drilling on the 21st as per Ann ;

http://www.meoaustralia.com.au/icms_docs/142566_Gulf_of_Thailand_G248_drilling_update.pdf

- they have then have been drilling for circa 7 - 8 days . I cannot find a Td for the oil target but from the diagram on the link provided I am guessing circa 400. - 500m deeper than the first sideshow.

Which means we could also have a positive result, or otherwise , any day if the progress replicates the first well. Would be ironic if this undiscussed project is the first to deliver Meo some tangible fluids.....stranger things have happened! Yes, also guilty of being an optimist!

Cheers Ort

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.