thailand, page-18

1. 3,816 Posts.
    Hi Just got back. Spent 3 weeks in bangkok near phatpong. Also had some dental work done. You only have a few days so i would recommend MBK for the sheer size. You can get a directory to find your way around. We found Pratanum markets more interesting and cheaper that chutachak. Didn't find the palace particularly interesting mainly because you can't go inside the buildings. Cost is 400 Baht /$15 so not cheap. Take the express boat for $1 rather than pay a tuk tuk or long tail boat to get there. Biggest rip off place is around the palace. Chinatown was a buzz. You could spend all day wandering around the markets. The street food is excellent but treat yourself and you will not regret it. try tom khaa gai which is chicken coconut and galangal soup. Actually any cuisine is available and you can pay anything from $1 to $20 for street food or restaurant food. 15 baht per hour for a tuk tuk is the minimum. Taxis are cheap but the skytrain is the best way to get around. So much I could tell you. Just ask!! Wish I was there now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.