Thank God we got rid of Scmo and his mob, page-49

1. 10,929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1955
    I've spent the last 35 years vetting people for gun licenses as the current, longest serving Firearms Safety Officer in Oz, and I can honestly say that circa 50% of folks that pass the test should not be in possession of a firearm IMO. And its no surprise that that 50% are mostly RWNJ's and strike me as having a low IQ. The one saving grace of our system is that no one with a criminal record, or record of violence of any kind can obtain a license to purchase a legal firearm. Its not foolproof, given unregistered (illegal) firearms number circa 200,000 (in Oz), and any fitter and turner can make one with relative ease. And then there's the crims of whom specialize in illegal imports.
    Of the US, well they are a lost cause, given their gun culture, 2nd Amendment rights and their Federal governments lack of power over the States - not to mention the massive number of firearms in the community. It always amazed me that Obama slipped through the net of racist nutters.
    Ultimately, you can rarely, if ever, stop a nut job from acting out his/her delusions, and the more people there are in this stress filled world we live in, then the more nut jobs exist.
    My guess is that the Former Japanese President/Prime Ministers security detail became complacent, given assassinations are so rare in Japan, and dropped the ball. A wake up call for our Oz politicians security people, one would hope. But even then how do you stop a trained marksman with a loose screw that can easily hit his/her mark out to 600 yards and beyond.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.