Hi Nickoo...........simple...........no to all of the above. I...

1. 1,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Nickoo...........simple...........no to all of the above. I source a very large amount of info but it is all raw data that I use for my own purposes. I make decisions based on my own research only.

As part of my brokers package AOT I get Assirt research on most of the blue chip companies and I will look at it for an appreciation of the issues facing the company from time to time..............not that I buy blue chips very often.....but like a lot of research it is updated way too late for the mug punter.I may pick up something I didn't know but it's all taken with a big grain of salt. Here's an exampe of Assirt's moves on PWR!! A buy from 98c to 16c......then a hold......too late she cried!! And Assirt appears to be one of the best.

24/06/2002 Report - Death by a thousand cuts. (Shareprice: 0.09, Reco: Sell, Pages: )
    13/05/2002 Report - Between a rock and a hard place (Shareprice: 0.16, Reco: Hold, Pages: )
    21/01/2002 Newsflash - Business Divestments

10/09/2001 Report - Solid FY01 Result but Cautious Outlook (Shareprice: 0.56, Reco: BUY, Pages: 6)
    9/03/2001 Report - 1H01 Result – results with Clarity (Shareprice: 0.98, Reco: BUY, Pages: 4)

And Fat Prophets have cost people I know some big $$ recommending stoks like TMS from 70c down to the 20's. And the brokers reports recommending One Tel right to the death that I've come across are too numerous to mention.

In the end I feel research is more my enemy than my friend........it can cloud rational judgement (using very convincing reasoning) esp if you trade from a technical perspective in addition to fundys. If I operated purely off what fundamental info was available at the time I too may have bought PWR all the way down from 90c and just realised recently what a dog I'd bought.

And research (opinions) on the economy are like a$$holes.........everyone's got one and 99.5% are wrong at any one time. Until my trading system and assessment of the market's value stop performing ............yes I was the "silly" one that in mid July when the market and most here were in panic used my simple old system to predict on HC that we wouldn't close a week below 2950 (we got to 2941) in the near future......I'll stick to what's free...........my own thoughts!!!

Ed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.