Hi, So I’m an old newbie. Old in years and new to this :-) I...

1. 13 Posts.
    Hi,
    So I’m an old newbie. Old in years and new to this
    I have a moderate size holding with Commsec in my super fund and to help fill in time I’d like to have a crack at trading. I’ve figured I’ll give $100K a go, with only $1K to be at risk on any play.
    I’m conscious of the discipline required to trade safely. But, here are the issues I’m hoping you knowledgeable souls can assist me with. I’ve searched these boards and found a couple of threads touching these issues but they seem to be quite old and perhaps out of date.
    • I’m with Commsec and from what I understand their quotes aren’t ‘live’. I don’t know what the delay is but where can I go to get live data?
    • I’d like to be able to see who the buyers and sellers are in market depth. Commsec doesn’t do that it seems.
    • I would like to buy or subscribe to a good charting and scanning package for Mac OSX. I don’t want to partition and run Windows in parallel so it needs to be Mac friendly.
    Anyway, it’s really nice to be a part of HotCopper with you guys and thank you in anticipation of your kind help.
    MorningCoffee

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.