BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

thank you melua!, page-3

1. 14,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    I'm not an adviser but definitely a true believer. I know some financial advisers (those people with the bit of paper to say they are qualified to advise..lol). One of them is a close personal friend and he has admitted to me he knows very little about risk/reward analysis. His attitude is if it's risky, leave it alone. We discussed BBI back in November and he said I was "stark raving mad" for buying heavily around 3c. When I asked why, all he could offer was "Aren't they going broke?"
    If this is typical of the quality of "financial advisers", my decision to look after my portfolio myself has been a wise one. My father has s substantial diversified portfolio. He manages it himself and the only person he talks to about his buy/sell decisions is me. We just chew the fat over stocks and in the end, he makes up his own mind. If you make all the decisions yourself, it's easier to live with the consequences of bad choices. Nothing worse I reckon than investing on someone else's opinion only to lose your money. I did a bit of that in the early days. Never again.
    That's why I think it's imperative that forum readers do their own research. Everyone has a different risk tolerance as well. That is so important in deciding if a stock is an appropriate investment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.