BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

Hi Guys,this is not financial advice but just some...

1. 3,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 241
    Hi Guys,

this is not financial advice but just some thoughts.

Remeber in January when we were in a see of green and the thanks started rolling. Many posters on this thread sold and moved on. Goodluck for them for having a plan and making the money they wanted to and look for opportunites elsewhere.

In one of my earliest posts (sometime last year I believe) I used a horse race analogy. I know people who can pick a winner more times than not, by analysing the track, distance, jockey and form. However, things can change on any given day that means their horse doesn't come in (quick storm, the horse trips, the horse gets boxed in on the rails etc).

Even the very best analysis doesn't take away the unforseen risk. Many posters talk of a plan (good for them), so Ivan selling at 10 cents is good sense.

You will realise as the price of the shares or Beppa rises the odds shorten. In reality, you now have more capital on the line for a diminishing reward. Rather than getting caught in the euphoria, now is the time to go back and analyise your risk/reward profile and goals.

I know what mine is and as a matter of disclosure will continue to hold long term. However, I never played with what I couldn't afford to lose (even though it will hurt). My decision is based on my job security, my stage of life and my finacial circumstances.

Things people may consider is taking your gain and paying a massive whack off the mortgage. This will save you years and tens of thousands in future repayments (which you can later use for tax effective investment and wealth creation). If you got in on the lows, a retiree may not pay tax on the gain (i.e. retirement phase and super) but add a significant amount of cash to their savings.

Rather than follow, please analyise the risks for yourself (as most of you do). Essentially ask yourself, is the money I make today more worthwhile to my present circumstances, than what I can make in the future?

In the present market there we still, IMO, be times of great volatility. The GFC still has a time to play. Selling today makes you a set return, holding means you still believe in the asset sales and general improvement to the financial outlook (which is still a gamble).

As I stated before I intend to stay long on this stock for my reasons. Those who choose to move out at a profit good on you, those who stay, make sure it for your own reasons and goodluck to us all.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.