CNM carnegie corporation limited

thank you sophisticated investors..., page-43

1. 20,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    As Guild has pointed out it was only 800,000 or so shares. But even so, its potentailly enough to affect the share price (since the SP is a reflection of the ratio of buyers to sellers and suddently in a low volume stock there are more sellers) and once that changes then the chart drops and traders who read charts change their minds and it could cause a knock-on effect. My concern was that contractors want cash not shares, so their first inclination will always be to sell as soon as possible. They can't run a business on shares - as you've said Neil - they need cash flow. Ask any small business operator. And if they lose %5 to %10 on the deal then so be it. Its better than losing cash flow and becoming insolvent. I don't think it was such a great idea myself. But did they have any alternative?

By the way, I don't believe any of this would have gone to the placement underwriters (someone mentioned it earlier?), as, correct me if I'm wrong, their fee comes out as a percentage of the placement funds.

Sorry to go on about this. I have decided to treat this as a buying opportunity, even though my bank balance is extremely finite and I'm not going anywhere near a margin loan until I figure this caper out with my own money! Should have waited before piling in between 24c and 26c. Still, well worth that and more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.