in the back of your mind - try and canvas the possibility that...

1. 79,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    in the back of your mind - try and canvas the possibility that there are some good ideas and bad ideas in politics -- both in fact and in interpretation -

then, understand that just possibly some parties have some of them and some are bereft of them.

The political issues I see by far the most pressing - NO parties are looking at -

so, damned if I know which team that puts me on

In general - both for Australian politics and US politics - I think we are not only at the bottom of the barrel in quality - I think we are completely bereft of any ideas on how to move though the massive social change which I believe is probably already upon us - I don't think any of them have any idea of the scale of it, the speed of it, and most of them - indeed, I would say the vast majority of them have no idea at all that it's coming if not already in progress.

I would probably include European politics in that in general - but, it's a far more complex animal - so, I will leave that aside.

Just to give a rough idea ---------- IMO - conservatives (whatever we think that is) - are dead in the water -- 1950's types who try and make life like 1900 ---------- and what we call progressives (whatever they are) - many of them haven't got a brain to bless themselves with - but, some have - however, the biggest problem they have is they live in a pragmatic vacuum -

so, I just don't fit any team - sorry to disappoint you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.