Flags to the mast. I was a little kid when jfk was executed in...

1. 2,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Flags to the mast.
    I was a little kid when jfk was executed in 1963.
    Looking back, I can see that the world took a darker turn after that - the major event being the Vietnam War and all the social disasters that flowed from it
    Trump is no-one's pal, but his message and sincerity touched enough Americans who knew they had been shafted for decades, that they voted him President ahead of Hillary, who had 100% support from every respected political and media voice. Silly Malcolm Turnbull rubbished him and so did sleazy Bill Shorten. Virtue signalling at no apparent cost.
    So not too hard to paint Trump as an obnoxious, narcissistic blowhard. However, the task he has publicly set himself is to destroy the utterly corrupt and degenerate political culture that rules the US. Everyone should be aware that McCain was instrumental in setting up ISIS in Syria and the overthrow of Gaddafi. If half of what is very widely rumoured about the Clintons is true, then charges of treason and murder are the least of their worries.
    Trump's life and his families lives are obviously under constant threat. Racial tensions have been stoked every day since Obama became president. Evidently, the Muslim Brotherhood has had access and influence at the highest level of the UA govt.
    So, Trump says he is trying to undo 50 years (at least) of the worst crimes.
    His supporters expect he will be given the chance to fulfil the platform endorsed by the voters.
    His opponents are authoritarian and anti-democratic.
    Democracy demands that he not be dragged down for no reason.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.