I read your post and liked it - but, I do have a problem. The...

1. 79,572 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I read your post and liked it - but, I do have a problem.

The problem is that it is politics that decides if we have educated people - libraries, universities, science etc. etc.

And, the conservative side are the mob who would rather we had none of these things - the last thing they want is an educated and progressive populace.

They pride themselves on cutting education, research, the arts etc..

re. "that life has a way of moving things on all on its own"

I think that doesn't require much concluding --------- it is ------ any observation of history tells us that.

My concern atm is that life is definitely moving towards some massive change - now, I don't have a problem with change - but, we aren't able to change rapidly enough for such a scale apparently - and, when we get stressed by that rapidity of change - we cannot adapt quickly enough - so, our usual mechanism is war.

A war in any era is an ugly thing - albeit with some benefits - but, a war in the modern era - well, that could well be on a scale that is ridiculously ugly - and, almost inescapable.

What annoys the crap out of me - if such a thing comes to pass - is that I think we are within touching distance of potential true utopia - which, in the past has merely been a dream - whereas now ------- IMO - it is actually going to be possible -

and, we may well stumble just before we get there and blow ourselves backwards several centuries - or, heaven forbid, maybe millennia

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.