LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

Just been having a Friday after work beer with the fly on the...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 343

Just been having a Friday after work beer with the fly on the wall – he asked me to pass this on and reluctantly I do so:

Friday afternoon, over at the cabinet room, the Ministers sit round an oval table with the PM at its head.

PM: “Thank you everyone now settle down and stop bickering, this is a serious meeting you know.

Silence and straight faces prevail – but then some tittering from the back somewhere.

P.M.: STOP IT - I’M NOT DEAF YOU KNOW!....NOW….now….we have a problem and its Lynas again! Why can’t you people sort this out, it can’t be that difficult for heaven’s sake. – Yinny please, help!”

Yinny: “It’s all Fuzzo and Wongo’s fault – and that bitch over at Lynas….and YOU Innovation Minister, YOU JUDAS YOU!”

Points and angrily shakes finger.

Innovation Minister: “WHAT! We all know that the Lynas plant is fully compliant and there’s no harmful levels of radioactivity in that residue. YOUR OWN COMMITTEE OF PROFESSORS CONFIRMED IT!!!”

Yinny starts blubbing.

PM: “Settle down everyone. Now, we have a guest speaker to tell us exactly what to do – we shall refer to him as MR. R.”

A Man in Burberry Macintosh, hat and sun glasses enters from side door shielding face.

PM: “Please come in Robo...I mean Mr. R. Please – your valued advice.”

Yinny brightens up, Innovation Minister growls and huffs, ”Silly old deaf fart”.

Mr. R: “Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, Honorable Sir. And it is an honour to be in your esteemed Ministerial presences. Such a great government to which our thoughts perfectly align.”

Yinny beamingly nods “yes” and the Innovation Minister grumpily nods “no”.

Mr. R: “So let’s get down to the real facts: First off, Lynas is trying to get out of their commitments to remove their highly and deadly radioactive residue. If you just look at it – you’re dead – check with the SMSL website for a fact check! We on the other hand have a secret process to remove all toxicity. Second up, it’ll take Lynas years to set up a cleaning plant for future ore coming over here – we can do it in 5 minutes – we already have a working chemical plant! Thirdly, go with us and you all get vouchers for a two week conference in Switzerland, all expenses covered - every year!”

Nods of approval and interested murmurs all round.

PM: Thank you Robo…I mean Mr. R. - I will catch up with you later my good friend – I still don’t get this cracking and letting off thing – or was it farting – oh dear I’m wandering again.”

Mr. R makes an especially deep and somber bow to everyone around the cabinet room and backs out continuing to bow until out of sight.

The Innovation Minister shows a middle finger.

Innovation Minister: “What a load of bollocks! This is going to destroy my hi-tech industry plans. The Japanese will definitely pull the bonds investments. Elon’s promised Gigafactory and Gates’ Silicon KL – well forget it. We’ll be living back into the dark ages again!”

Yinny: “YOU BASTARD! I don’t want my baby born with two heads. And never mind the Japanese – the Chinese will totally punish us if Lynas stays here – they might even invade – although that probably wouldn’t be a bad thing. And by the way those dumb professors you mention went to the wrong university – not Cambridge like me.”

Innovation Minister: “You stupid ignorant imbecilic….ignoramus – and you actually believe that Westfarmers con-guy!?”

Yinny begins to blub again.

PM: “Now settle down everyone. Let’s not make any decisions today – we’ll talk again next week. Where is Fuzzo by the way – I thought she was sitting in on this?”

Someone at the back: “No its Friday she’s at the Mosque issuing fatwas” ….Someone whispers: “ Nah, She’s in the back tucking into a box of donuts as usual”

PM: “Anyway, thank you all – a very productive meeting indeed – time for a nap I think!”

Back out in the reception, Mr. R. taps his cell: “Dave mate – I’ve actually done it again! Lynas is definitely gone…..What, offer $2 a share? Can’t risk it mate, got to be $3…Ok $2.90 and an extra $10 mil for our bonus pool. Anyway, good work on Teeing up the demolition guys for the LAMP – I like their idea of spraying the residue with a “secret reagent” so that we can pretend that it’s been cleansed. Then covering it over with the NUF so that it registers zero on the surface. What a beaut! Out of sight out of mind, eh? Oh and mate – remember to get those security guys ready to drum out those Lynas workers quick smart. Offer them a couple of packets of noodles in lieu of any redundancy pay offs – They can’t complain - I love this country! Break a tinny of Fosters for me mate - Gotta go buddy.”

Down at street level “Mr. R” swaggers over to his black stretch limo with a smug grin and punches a fist into the air. “Still got it – losers!” he shouts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.70
Change
-0.070(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $7.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.63 $7.72 $7.57 $17.44M 2.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 482 $7.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.70 6582 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.