AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Dear AGO holders and former holders I'm out. After Redstone...

1. 2,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 184
    Dear AGO holders and former holders

I'm out.

After Redstone acquired 90%, it became obvious to me that, as much as I wanted to, waiting for the final bugle call was a losing strategy as I was better off with the (substantial) money in the bank, or another stock, rather than potentially getting caught up in a lengthy delisting process and not seeing the moolah for months.

I've been in and out of AGO since early 2014, ultimately taking a large loss on a parcel bought then, but making up for it (and much more besides) by trading in and out in late 2016-early 2017 as SP rose from 1 to 5 cents. The loss is a handy tax deduction now, and I take away a small profit on my final parcel.

So I take this opportunity to again thank long-term punter @rcman - you taught me lots about the iron ore market so thanks mate. Also a shout out to @Pidgeon who came in cold to the market in early 2017, got a trial-by-fire induction, then went on to do well in other stocks (what a laugh meeting up in Surfers eh?).

Thanks also to more recent frequent punters, especially @groundhog2, @Y4ukikmycow, @eyeswideopen, and ex-poster Albertnamatjira (whatever pseudonym you use these days, and I think I know what is is because I analysed your writing style LOL!).

@Samboy69 you've been brilliant to the end. There were many days when I felt a bit despondent with the buyout process, but reading your HOLD LONG AND STRONG posts, and seeing your pics, always made my day a bit brighter.

My apologies if I've forgotten anybody else significant other than the down rampers who I have deliberately not named - sadly there are more posts by them now than by die-hard recalcitrants. It's not that I don't appreciate hearing contrary opinions (and sometimes I even added Likes to their posts because I thought the point they made was valid), it's just that most of the time those opinions were offered in an unhelpful or insensitive way, and not in the spirit of informed, impersonal debate.

I've pretty much moved on from ST trading ASX stocks to intraday trading forex and commodities, but still have some spec holdings in BCN and MLS, and a long-term investment in GXY (not recommendations DYOR).

Profitable trading to all in the future, whatever your current involvement in AGO.

Hugs to those who need commiseration on a loss.

I feel a little sad, but cheers

GW

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.08.31 am.png
    Last edited by graywolf: 10/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.