GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The 12 SHORT days of Christmas, page-40

1. 143 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Great work John. For whatever reason PRU's Canadian listing gets upweighted so I wouldnt expect to see any selling there.

Daytr & Plough... you have to remember the GDXJ ETF is not managed at the managers discretion. The mandate of the fund is the match the performance of the index, so if they alter their weighting prior to the rebalance (like any sane investor would) they are not abiding by their mandate. For this reason, the volume is done in the match and not pre-empted. The reason they announce these changes prior to it happening is to improve liquidity. If the market knows they will be selling boatloads of XYZ stock at a particular time at any cost, buyers will come. If there are enough buyers to meet the sell volume, the match down isnt so bad. If there arent enough buyers...then the price matches down heavily. The reason this quarter's rebalance is so significant is because the change in weightings is much bigger this time. On previous rebalances I have seen downweighted stocks actually match up because the buying interest in the match outweighed the index selling volume. This time the index sell volume is far greater, so the chance of a match down is higher imo. Of course there are no guarantees... This is just a heads up. Dont forget the S&P rebalances occur in this afternoons match also. This match is going to be chaos!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.