The 2020 Budget (boomer trigger warning), page-135

1. 608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    There is no doubt whatsoever that the costof housing is more than when I purchased my home in 1969 for $11,000 dollars and from memory I was earning around $4,000.
    Ther are so many variables that comparisons are almost impossible however I can advise as follows in respect of my son to whom I referred :-
    He earns I understand over $200,000 yearly ( I know he gets very good income ) and the last owner occupier home he purchased two years ago in Country Victoria cost around $800,000.
    When he applied for his loan 2 years ago repayment were calculated on both his & wife's income ( our era could not count wife's wage and you had to have 25 percent deposit & repayments could not exceed 25 percent of your salary ) . I think it's fair to say that very many of the generations following us ( except for maybe prudent Europeans ) did not worry about home buying until well into their 30 's and beyond but spent their early earn going overseas etc ( we married when around 22 and purchased our house at age 23) and an overseas trip was not even on the horizon .
    Each generation will have their own take on who has it better however each generation has to deal with the circumstances that prevail . Hope I have answered you .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.