To be honest, humans just confuse me. You'd think, or I would...

1. 6,486 Posts.
    To be honest, humans just confuse me.

You'd think, or I would and that's not saying much, that the staggering complexity of nature and the many unanswered question regarding how a universe, life, human sentience, order, limits, etc, came about, is a big enough conundrum and sends people off down various paths looking for answers. In doing that why would anybody challenge the relatively little we do know via proven science?

Everything in religion comes from 100% abstraction. It is all agreed conjecture. At best it might be said to be a hypothesis that will never be confirmed by empirical evidence, but I can see how one might come to some form of G.d conclusion, I have myself, but never will I accept a belief over a proven scientific fact.

I mean, if G.d Created everything by whatever method, then is not science simply a process to divulge certain truths and evidences of the mechanics of Creation? Every fun-loving fundamentalist should be embracing scientific revelations as if it was scripture itself, because all science can do is reveal the wonders of Creation. I'm sure you get my point here. I'm not saying that's how it is.

There is nothing G.dly, faith substantiating, this is absolutely what the Bible says, about believing anything that contradicts proven science. To do so is to fool yourself into dogma and superstition. Any religion that contradicts science is of no real use to humanity in the long run.

There is no heaven or hell. These were metaphors for states of being, they were images, world building for Bronze Age humans without the capacity to know any better. They were illustrations just as reincarnation is to demonstrate the rewards and punishments of life according to one's actions, behaviours and beliefs. For somebody to be espousing literal Genesis beliefs in 2021 is a human tragedy.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.