WWI 13.3% 1.7¢ west wits mining limited

THE 4 MILLION OUNCE BET, page-3057

1. 2,164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    Hopefully that GTR will come before the first of November!

So this is the Durban Deep mine that we are renewing Nicknamed the "Grand old lady"?

$44.88 / metric ton of ore mined in 1981. That's a margin of $263 USD / ton today with Gold ounces at $1850. When the mine closed though it would've been running at a loss of around only $35 per metric ton mined. Be interesting to see the AISC in the Scoping Study or BFS given new mining methods! Also noticed it can have stopes up to 80 degrees, if the new technology means you can mine at those angles rather than have to bench it out and around, surely a saving there as well.

https://www.sahrc.org.za/index.php/sahrc-media/news/item/419-australian-gold-venture-wants-to-reopen-durban-deep-mine-reclaim-it-from-zama-zamas

https://thediggings.com/mines/21556

Durban Roodepoort Deep MineJohannesburg, South Africa 26.1966°S 27.8697°E OverviewGold Location1AliquotsOwners4Records The Durban Roodepoort Deep Mine is near Johannesburg, South Africa. The site was first discovered in 1887. The Durban Roodepoort Deep Mine is a underground mining operation. Initial production took place in 1898 and overall output was considered to be medium size. Mine operations consist of 2 distinct underground workings. There is one known shaft. Subsurface depth reaches a maximum of 2,400 meters (7,874 feet). The mining method is breast stoping. Mine capacity in 1981 was 6400 mt ore/day with a production unit cost of 44.88 $/mt ore. The ore mined is composed of chalcopyrite, gold and galena. The ore body is described as tabular shaped 1 meters (4 feet) thick 2,400 meters (7,874 feet) below the surface. Associated rock in this area is volcanic rock (aphanitic) from the Neoproterozoic era 1.00 to 0.54 billion years ago.

DevelopmentMILL. CAP: 2. 5 MIL. MET. T/YR.; SECOND OLDEST GOLD PRODUCING MINE IN SOUTH AFRICA, NOW WITH LIMITED LIFE OUTLOOK (6-8 YEARS ). LABOR INTENSIVE WITH HIGH OPERATING COSTS ($182. 71/TROY OUNCE OF GOLD RECOVERED; 1977 ). THE MINE OPERATES FROM FOUR ORE HORIZONS: MAIN, MAIN REEF LEADER, SOUTH AND KIMBERLEY REEFS.WorkingsWorkings at the site.Underground Workings #1Type: UndergroundSub Surface Depth: 2400 MetersUnderground Workings #2Type: UndergroundMining Method: Breast StopingStatus of Mining Method: ActualCapacity: 6400 mt ore/dayProduction Unit Cost: 44.88 $/mt oreOperating Days Per Year: 350Operating Shifts Per Day: 3Year of Information: 1981WorkingsDEPTH BELOW SURFACE ESTIMATED. MINING METHOD IS LABOR-INTENSIVE SCATTER MINING WITH TIMBER AND CONCRETE GROUTED CRIB STOPE SUPPORTS. SLUSHING AND ORE HAULAGE MECHANIZED. ON THE SURFACE, ORE IS TRANSPORTED TO CENTRAL MILL BY UNIQUE CABLE-TOWED RAIL SYSTEM USING UNDERGROUND-TYPE ORE CARS.Concentration ProcessProcesses that concentrated or enriched the mineralization of the mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WWI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.002(13.3%)
Mkt cap ! $43.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $104.0K 6.601M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 3518565 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 1727901 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.20pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WWI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.